Friday, February 5, 2016

Band Spotlight: Fleetwood Mac

 Mostly cream album cover with black-and-white image of tall, bearded gentleman holding the hand of blonde, cape-wearing woman. In the top right-hand corner, it is captioned "FLEETWOOD MAC" and "RUMOURS" below it.



Most of the general population knows of Fleetwood Mac. Per their Wiki page-


Fleetwood Mac is a British-American rock band formed in July 1967, in London. The band has sold more than 100 million records worldwide, making them one of the best-selling bands of all time. In 1998, selected members of Fleetwood Mac were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and received the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music.
 
Now that you know the basic history of this band here is why I am spotlighting them. They have my favorite album of all time. I recently last year found it on sale on an actual good record vinyl.

Rumours
I have sat here for a bit trying to think how I want to go about explaining what this record means to me. I guess I can start by saying I have had it on every electronic device I have ever owned going back to walkmans and CD's.
Here is the songs from the album. I am going to talk about a couple of my favorites below.



Most people have at least heard "The Chain" unless you live under a rock and do not watch any singing shows like American Idol or The Voice. Stevie Nicks one of the more popular and well known members of the band lends her voice to this haunting and beautiful song. It is still a regular on mainstream radio along with "Go Your Own Way".

I love the haunting and touching songs on this record but the songs I always come back to listen to time and time again are the funky songs.  "I Don't Want to Know" "Never Going Back Again" and "Second Hand News". I can listen to on repeat for the rest of my life without ever getting close to sick of them.

In closing I hope you take a chance and listen to this record sometime. If not one of my all time favorite songs by them is "Tusk" at least take a listen to that crazy fun song.  

Until next time~
XoXo Emily   

No comments:

Post a Comment