Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Winter Salsa

It is hard to make good salsa in the winter. It is cold and tomatoes are crappy and not in season. The good news in technology in canning have comes leaps in bounds in the last couple decades. Canned tomatoes are almost better than fresh for salsa now-a-days. I call this my winter salsa because I always make this in the winter. I prefer pico de gallo in the summer/fall. The key to making this salsa fresh is the produce you mix in.

What you need~
(4) 16 ounce cans of roasted tomatoes
1 red onion
1 white onion
1 bunch of cilantro
1 jalepeno
1 can of mild chili's
1 can of rotel 
Seasonings(cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, lemon juice)
                                                                        

Use your blender or food processor to blend all of the ingredients. Leave out 1 can of tomatoes and the rotel. Slowly season the mix as you blend. Once blended to the smoothness you want remove from blender/food processor and place in a large bowl. Add the can of tomatoes and rotel that you did not blend to add a bit of texture to the salsa.

This is what I had after it was all completed. I brought this to a Superbowl party I went to and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it. Super easy to make and it makes a humongous batch!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment