Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Rice Krispie Treats


I think if you want to know what heaven in your mouth would taste like you should go no further. Something about butter, marshmallows and cereal makes everything perfect. When I first made these I thought they were going to be strange with the giant chunks of marshmallows but I was so wrong they are so good.
What you will need~                                                              
5 tablespoons of butter
8 cups, plus 2 cups of mini marshmellows 
6 cups rice krispie cereal 
1/2 tsp salt

Line a 9x13 or 9x9 pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray. I used olive oil pam spray.


Melt butter on low heat in a large pot. Once butter is melted add in 8 cups of mini marshmallows stirring constantly. 



Once the marshmallows are just melted remove from heat and stir in the cereal and salt. You want to lightly coat the mixture with the marshmallows do not over mix. Now the secret best step. Stir in the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and mix slowly. Pour into your pan and press really lightly on the mixture. Cover and let cool before eating.











They are perfection. Trust me you cannot eat just one. I will of course be making these again but not anytime in the future as they are not exactly healthy. A special treat though for sure.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment