Monday, February 15, 2016

Split Pea Soup


This is one of my classic recipes that I make time and time again. Ryan loves split pea soup so I make it throughout the year. This is easy to make in the crock pot like I do but you could also try it on the stove top too.

How cute is my recipe book?
If you cannot read the tiny font this is what you need-

1 16 ounce package of dried split peas
2 cups of ham
3 carrots (diced)
1/2 cup onion (diced)
2 garlic cloves
1 bay leaf
2 Tablespoons of parsley flakes
1 Tablespoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1 1/2 quarts of hot water
Mrs. Dash to taste







Chopping up some tasty ham that I made in the crock pot earlier in the week.


I saved the ham bone to add in flavor. You do not need to do this when you make yours if you do not want to. Layer all ingredients as listed above into the crock pot. Cook in the crock pot on low for 8 hours. 1/2 hour before serving mix the soup to make sure it gets creamy and mixed well.





This was so good. It made enough for some leftovers for lunches.

Look at those yummy chunks of carrot. I hope you can make this soon on these cold days. Although I heard it is supposed to warm up this week.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment