Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Crock Pot Curry Veggies


There are very few things in life that I feel like I have "mastered". I know for a fact though I make a bomb curry. Ryan at least thinks I do and if you husband likes it that is all that matters right?

Last time I made curry in the crockpot we actually liked the vegetables a lot more than the meat. This got me thinking that the next time I made curry it would be all veggies. This recipe is easy and quick and makes enough for a ton of great leftovers. Make some rice to eat with it and everyone will be jealous.

What you need~
2 sweet potatoes diced
1 onion sliced
2 cans of chick peas
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 cup of peas
4 sweet peppers sliced
1 can of coconut milk 
1 tablespoon of curry paste
curry powder to taste
garam marsala spice to taste
1 tablespoon chili sauce or hot sauce 

Cut up all vegetables and layer them in the crockpot. The only thing you do not want to add is the peas and the tomatoes. After the veggies are all added put a frying pan on medium/high heat and add a small amount of olive oil. When it is really hot add the curry paste/curry powder/garam marsala/chili sauce to the pan to sweat. This step is IMPORTANT to have the spices bloom and activate. This only takes about a minute. Add the tomatoes to the pan and let simmer for 2 minutes. Add in coconut milk and let shimmer for additional 2 minutes. Pour this mix over the vegetables already in the crockpot. Put the crockpot on low for 8 hours.

.5 hour before you eat add the peas to the pot. Do not add before as they will turn to mush. I also made brown rice to eat this with. You could do this or some sort of noodles. 


It is so packed with flavor and is yummy! All my co-workers said they wanted some. I will be making this again.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment