Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Taco French Bread Pizza



I made this on Sunday night and it was really good. Sometimes you want pizza but you also really want tacos. This is what I made to satisfy that craving.  It made enough for both Ryan and I to have leftovers Monday too which was really nice. This may have to go into my regular recipe rotation because it is so easy to make and it is tasty!

What you need~
1 pound of turkey or beef (ground)
2 small french loafs
1 handful of nacho jalapenos(chopped)
1 can of refried beans
1 cup of salsa (I used my moms corn relish)
Green onion (chopped)
1 avocado (chopped)
Mexican shredded cheese
Black olives (sliced)



Slice your loafs and place on a cookie sheet. Mine just barely fit. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.







Cook the ground turkey or beef in a skillet and season with taco type seasonings. I used cajun, cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin.







Warm up the re-fried beans and relish/salsa in a bowl till it is warm in the microwave.






Time to build those pizzas. Start by laying the re-fried beans/salsa mix, meat, cheese and then the toppings last.Place in the oven until melted to your liking.

You can really use whatever toppings you like or remove ones I used and add others. I love tomatoes but some people do not so you can always sub those in for example. After snow storm Bucky yesterday I need easy recipes like this in my life.

Until next time~
XOXO Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment