Monday, August 15, 2016

Creamy and Easy Frittata


I make this a lot. Almost every other weekend. It is easy and honestly any toppings can go in it. I have made like a lasagna type, Mexican, gyro type. I have put in steak, chicken, pepperoni. The options are endless. I have listed the ingredients for this specific type that I made Saturday. Feel free to  change up the toppings though to your liking.

What you need~
5 eggs
1 cup of milk
3 cups of kale
1 cup of salsa
1 cup of green peppers
1 cup of chicken (pre-cooked) 
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/2 mozzarella
1 avocado
Taco seasoning 

Put your green peppers (diced) in the pan and let them sweat with a little olive oil on medium heat. Season with taco seasoning. Make sure you use a pan that can go into the oven. Pre-heat your oven to 350
degrees F. Add the salsa to the pan. Add chicken to the pan.

While the salsa and green peppers are heating up crack your eggs and mix in the milk. Season with the taco seasoning and add a little hot sauce. Whisk this really well.

Add your kale (chopped) to the pan and let that cook down a bit. While that is cooking down cut up the remaining avocado and cheese.

Pour your egg mixture over your toppings once you feel the kale has cooked down enough. Let this sit for about 2-3 minutes. Giggle the pan and see if the sides of the frittata are set. Once they are top with the cheese and avocado. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes.






In the oven!



Once the frittata is set and browned in the oven remove. I topped with some black olives before serving.






 I love making this. As I stated before it is so easy to make and really tasty. I recommend you make it really soon!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment