Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Rich Vegetable Soup

Ryan asked for soup with sandwiches this week for a meal. My mom had dropped off a ton of produce from the garden and I knew I had to get creative. This soup has a ton of rich and deep flavor from the Worcester sauce and smoked paprika. I threw this together and you can make soups like this too. Look in your fridge and pull out whatever veggies you have. That is really all this soup is and it turned out great.

What you need~
2 cups of carrots
5 small potatoes
1 large onion
1 cup of mushroom
1 cup of  auliflower
2 stalks of celery
1.5 cups of cabbage
2.5 cups of green beans
Thyme
4 cups of vegetable stock
4 cups water
1 tablespoon of bouillon
1/4 cup Worchester sauce
Smoked paprika
Nature's seasoning





My mom's garden carrots are small and it took a long time to peel and chop them. Worth it though. Place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.











Chopping up the cabbage. It is in season and cost me .39 cents. Awesome grocery store find. You can put it in like everything and it is really healthy.



















Cabbage layered on top of the carrots. Already looking tasty.








Layer all vegetables in the crock pot as you dice them up. Should look like above pictures. I tend to layer the potatoes and carrots closure to the bottom so they will be closure to the heat source.



Once all the veggies are added you want to add the liquids including the Worchester sauce and seasonings to the top. With Seasoning you should really season to your taste. I tend to season to the point that I think it is too much and then I know it is just right. Notice the thyme branches on top. After cooking on low for 8-10 hours remove these from the pot before serving.













This was so tasty. I may have went a little overkill on the oyster crackers but it still filled up my belly with warm happiness. I really like being creative and throwing stuff together. Lately my best food items are things made last minute with no recipe what-so-ever.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment