Thursday, July 13, 2017

2017 Mid-summer recap

Summer, summer, summertime. This summer is flying by and I can barely keep up it seems. I almost feel bad because I have not been able to do my normal vagabond life this summer due to us doing non-stop home renovations. I thought this would be the perfect time to do a little mid-summer recap of what has been going on with me. So hang tight here we go.

1. Home renovation.
This is mostly what takes up almost every waking moment and free moment of my life. We are finally on the home stretch we had the plumber in yesterday to move our vanity plumbing and fix our messed up toilet. Renovating a bathroom so it works for someone 6 feet 2 inches is ruff. Really I am a luck girl because my husband is like crazy handy without him I would have to hire someone to renovate this.  Here is the thing about renovating a bathroom or really anything in your home. You will come across stuff that you either did not expect (hello messed up sub-floor) or have to watch a ton of internet tutorials to learn how to do stuff. Is it exhausting? Yes. Is it frustrating? Yes. Do you save a ton of money? Yes. Do you feel accomplished? Yes. In the end was it worth it? I think so. I will of course in the end post a detailed before and after post with pictures. I mean in the end you don't want to know all the details you just want to see the pretty bathroom.





2. Concerts.
Usually I go to a ton of concerts in the summer. This summer started with a bluegrass festival (Blue Ox  you rock!) and have seen a couple bands along the way as well. Outdoor concerts tend to be the best but I for sure endured a intense weather event this year at Summerfest seeing the Red Hot Chili Peppers.














3. Canoe.
We love to canoe that is no secret around here. We have gone out about three times now to different lakes. I can for sure say I enjoy smaller lesser known lakes after attempting on the fourth of July to go out on a popular Chain O' Lakes. That was a bad idea there was way too much traffic. We plan on even doing some kayaking this summer. Ryan and I love being active and being on the water when it is hot is a big plus.













4. Food.
I am a die-hard foodie. I dream of food, I watch food shows, I go out to eat a couple times a week and I cook all the time. It is a huge part of my life. Sadly with this home renovation going on I have less time to cook lately. I try to fit it in more though because it is relaxing to be in the kitchen. Here are some pictures of things I have managed to cook lately.



 
I know at the end of the summer I will reflect again and be sad how fast this summer flew by. So far it has been really busy but I like it that way. Here is to hoping that the bathroom is done soon and I can be outside more the rest of the summer!
 
Until next time~
XoXo Emily
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment