Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Stuffed Chicken Breast 2.0


Weew. My life has been insanely busy this past week. Hence the lack of awesome posts. It was Ryan's 30th birthday this past weekend and his only birthday request was to complete our master bathroom renovation. We are really close to having it complete.  A giant updated post will come when we are done with progress pictures. In the middle of the madness that is home renovation I managed to make a couple meals. I have made this type of stuffed chicken breast before. I always change up my recipes from time to time so I wanted to share this version with you that I made this past week.

What you need~
2 chicken breast (pounded to 2 inches thick)
1/4 cup pesto
Turkey pepperoni
2 slices of cheese (I used fontina)
1/2 cup marinara
1/4 cup shake and bake





Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees much like you did in my last post see above hyper link. The main difference between that recipe and this one is the light dusting of the shake and bake and I used far less sauce. I prepped the chicken by beating it thin between two pieces of parchment paper. Then I layered the pesto, cheese, and pepperoni in the center of the chicken. I slowly rolled the chicken and then placed it in a shallow casserole dish that had a small amount of the sauce in the bottom of the pan. Top the chicken with a dusting of the shake and bake. I placed diced potatoes around the chicken and topped that with the remaining marinara sauce. You could use any type of vegetable you would like zucchini would work well too. Bake for 30 minutes before serving.





This recipe is actually really easy and good as well. I will continue to make it and I am thinking of using pork chops in the future.

Wish us luck on finishing the bathroom this week. Updated pictures to come soon!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment