Monday, July 17, 2017

Juicing a Watermelon

Perfect for margaritas! I saw this video of Alton Brown doing this technique and I knew I had to try it. I watched his video which you can easily find by googling it and set off to attempt this myself. It worked perfectly if you know what you are doing. I did not so it was a bit of a mess. Word to the wise do this in the sink. Pairing this with some tequila and fizzy water/sprite it is a really refreshing summer drink.

What you need~
1 seedless watermelon
Knife
Stick blender/ emersion blender
Large pitcher













Start by cutting a large hole in the top of your watermelon with your knife. Make sure the hole is large enough to fit the hand blender in. Slowly start to blend the watermelon in a downward motion. My husband is smarter than me and recommended I do this after it sprayed me. After about 3 minutes of blending I poured some of the juice into the pitcher so I could better see what I had left to blend. I only blended enough for a large pitcher and I actually cut the rest of the watermelon up to eat. It was actually really easy to do this once I worked out using my hand blender. I hardly use it at all except for like soups and such. We made some tasty margaritas with the juice and what is left I plan to drink with sparkling water.






In other positive news we have a couple days left and our bathroom reno is going to be complete. I know you all cannot wait to see all the pictures. Soon my friends!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment