Friday, July 7, 2017

Travel Adventures: Red Hot Chili Peppers (Summerfest 2017)

Rain, Rain and more rain. I like to think of it being stuck in a hurricane and watching an intense rock band. It was a memory and an experience we will not soon forget that is for sure. We are smart and we watch the weather so we knew it was going to rain. Dressed for rain we traveled down to Milwaukee WI to Summerfest. For the first couple hours it rained but it was light and spotty the whole time. That completely changed around the time that the gates for the Red Hot Chili Peppers show opened. The skies opened with torrential rain that beat on us at a strange left angle. We were soaked completely thru within minutes. Getting into the venue was a mess the lines all smashing to get in. Once in it was hard to miss the leaking roof waterfalls as we made our way to the back of the grass area. We did not drink anything the entire concert and we barely made it for Red Hot Chili Peppers to start. Between the rain and constant lightening it was actually I hate to say it fun. Once you come to terms with the fact you have no control over anything and that you are soaked you just go with it. Word to the wise if you are like me always bring a full change of clothes to change into for the ride home. Would I do a show like this again? I think I would but it has to be a special band like this time. Then and only then do I think I would brave the elements. Did I mention that the Red Hot Chili Peppers put on an stellar show? Because they rocked our faces completely off. For their age they still can bring an intense energy to their shows.
Ryan made the leader board playing this racing game at one of the tents.

This is our BMW Z4M in race form. Fun!
We spent some time with my parents before the concert. We bummed around and people watched some crazies. Mom is that "grape Lennies?"

The only beverage I had the whole time. A grape slushie. For $2 it was refreshing.

The best fried pickles. That spicy sauce paired so well with the thick chips.

We somehow got chicken in our Hawaiian noodles even though we did not order it. It was still really tasty and filling.


The sky was angry. This was the calm before the storm.


I will be real with you. This is the only Red Hot Chili Pepper picture I attempted to take. It was raining so hard that my fingers were really wet and this is the only picture that even remotely turned out okay.

I was water logged at this point. This is at the end of the night. We made the best of the situation and still had fun.
Recap picture of all the fun!

We came home to a giant tree branch in the yard that we had to cut up Thursday night. I did not notice it was not an actual tree until like 3 hours later. It was just a huge branch.
 Every trip is not going to have perfect weather it is what you do in this difficult situations that makes the difference between fun memories and bad experiences. We could have easily left and went home but we would have missed an awesome show. Some times you have to ride that storm out.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

PS: I hope to get the bathroom finished soon for a full before and after post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment