Monday, July 10, 2017

Korean Tacos


Are you lazy but really love tacos? This is the recipe for you. Everything can be prepared ahead of time so you can throw together quick tacos for many meals. Heck we had tacos one night, tortilla wraps for lunch the next day and nachos last night. The meat you throw together in the crockpot will be flavorful and is perfect for when you are busy.

What you need~
Pork butt (2 pounds is what I bought)
1 cup seltzer
1 cup Gochujang sauce

Gochujang what the heck is that I bet is what you are thinking right now.

Per WIKI:
Gochujang or red chili paste is a savory, sweet, and spicy fermented condiment made from gochutgaru, glutinous rice, mejutgaru, yeotgireum, and salt. The sweetness comes from the starch of cooked glutinous rice, cultured with saccharifying enzymes during the fermentation process. Traditionally, it has been naturally fermented over years in jangdok on an elevated stone platform, called jangdokdae, in the backyard.

I bought it at Aldi in a bottle. Most grocery stores sell it. Look for it in the ethnic isle.

I always start by placing my meat in my slow cooker on the low setting for 8 hours. I pour in the
seltzer around the meat and then Gochujang sauce over the meat. Let this cook down for the full 8 hours. Shred it and then let it sit for another half hour before eating.

Like I stated above it goes well on everything. It is not overly spicy which I adore. It reheats well in the microwave or oven for a couple days. I highly doubt you will have much left over by the end of the week though. I serve mine with cilantro and spicy coleslaw I made.








Can even use the meat for nachos!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

PS: We are getting a plumber in to work on the toilet and moving some plumbing this week. Bathroom renovation is chugging along. This is exhausting but I can see the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment