Thursday, July 27, 2017

Kale Pesto


Yummy. I know that you can make pesto out of other things outside of basil. I have known this for a while but never tried it. My mom planted two kale plants for me this year in her garden and they are out of control. A girl can only eat kale so many ways. I have done kale chips, salads and had it in soup. This recipe seemed to good to be true. I was skeptical at best that this was turn out. I was blown away how good it is. If you have a ton of kale try this out it was really good with rice and a spread on sandwiches.

What you need~   
4 cups chopped kale
1 lemon (juiced)
1 clove garlic
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup walnuts
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste

Put all your ingredients in a blender or food processor besides the olive oil. As you blend slowly add the olive oil to the mix. Eat on everything. It goes well on pasta, rice, sandwiches etc. If you want you an freeze it as well for later use. I have images below showing how I did that with ice cube tray. Summer is awesome for produce get out there and use it all up!

All set to mix.

Well blended.

Can put in ice cube trays to freeze for later use. Then place in a freezer Ziploc bag once frozen.

Mmmm..

Ready for use. I used it for cauliflower rice last night. Yum!


Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment