Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Black Bean & Corn Salad


Along with the awesome guacamole I made this past weekend I made some really tasty black bean & corn salad. We ate it for dinner and then I shared it with our skiing friends on Sunday. This is a huge batch I am still eating it for lunch today and it is Wednesday!

What you will need-                                     
1 bag frozen corn defrosted
3 cans of black beans (rinsed)
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
half a head of cilantro
3 garlic cloves 
1 jalapeno
2 limes (squeezed)
1 red onion
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of olive oil 
Salt, cumin and cayenne pepper to taste 






Defrosted corn with some cumin and cayenne added. Ignore the worchester sauce that was for my guacamole not this recipe.












Time to use that food processor to blend up the onion, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic. While blending I added some of the seasonings and lime juice. I also blended the yellow and red pepper in their own batch.




I also mixed the olive oil and red wine vinegar in a bowl to add later.

Add the food processor mix to the corn in the bowl. Already looks tasty. Makes your mouth water looking at it.



Rinse your three cans of black beans really well under cold water to get the grit off of them and then once drained add to the mixture in the bowl. At this point all ingredients are in the bowl besides the dressing of vinegar and oil. Add that now and season really well with the salt, cumin and cayenne pepper. Toss the salad really liberally to coat with the dressing mix.












I added some of the salad to my tacos much like a salsa with that creamy guacamole I also made. With the chorizo sausage I made the tacos were so good. I am pretty sure Ryan ate 6 tacos for dinner that night. The next day at our skiing lunch the salad was a big hit as well. As mentioned above you can eat it with chips like a salsa too if you want.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily












No comments:

Post a Comment