Monday, January 25, 2016

Roasted Chickpeas

I decided that I wanted to add some texture to my salads and I saw that people recommended roasted chickpeas for this purpose. I thought okay that seems easy enough and it totally was. I have made them two times and they turned out really good. Keep an eye on them though they can go from perfect to burnt really quick. Ryan liked them on his salads as well.

What you need-
1 can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
Olive oil
Seasonings (this batch I used salt, cumin and cayenne)

Start by rinsing the chickpeas and then placing them on a paper towel to dry for at least 10 minutes to remove some moisture. During this time pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.  



Put them on a cookie sheet like pictured here after they have dried a bit.













Coat with your olive oil and seasonings. Place in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Mine took 30 minutes but I wanted them a little meaty and not as crunchy.








So crunchy!

Never enough cumin.
These should last at least a week if you do not eat them all up like we did right away. I had to make another batch for this weeks salads they were so good. It is a nice spicy crunchy element to my salads. I hope you have good luck making them.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment