Monday, January 11, 2016

Crispy Kale Chips


It is hard to eat healthy sometimes. Especially when you by ruffled lays potato chips for your Packer party on a Sunday. I wanted to try to make this for a while but never got around doing it till Saturday night when I wanted a snack late at night. They were a little salty so be careful with the seasoning. What they reminded me of was roasted brussels sprouts in the most fantastic way.

What you need- 
1 bunch of Kale
~2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt
Cajun seasoning
Garlic powder

This is my giant bunch of Kale I had. It was a lot but it really cooks down when you roast it. Start by heating the oven to 275 degrees F.



 Cut out the ribs of the Kale and then cut the Kate into about 1 inch pieces. As you can see I am a mess in the kitchen sometimes.






Place the cut up kale on sheet pans. Toss with the olive oil, salt, cajun and garlic powder. Go light on the salt as kale is naturally salty anyway. Put in the oven for 10 minutes and then flip/move the kale around on the plan. Cook for another 10 minutes and check for if it is done. I had to have it cook for 12 minutes to make sure it was all crispy to my liking.

All done and crispy.





mmm, so crispy.

They are fantastic. I wish I would have taken a picture after baking as they cook down a ton and would have liked to shown that. These are best served nice and hot.

I  hope you have time to sub in a healthy snack this week.

Until next time ~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment