Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies


When your husband is sick he wants comfort food. This is at least how Ryan works. He specifically asked for chocolate chip cookies. This is my Grandma Emerdine's recipe that I managed to get from my mom after my Grandma passed away. She had this old Betty Crocker book that was falling apart and she wrote modifications to the recipes in the margins of the book. This recipe makes about 5.5 dozen cookies and they are buttery and rich. You will love them trust me.

What you need~
1 1/3 cups butter, softened                                
1 cup granulated sugar                                     
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips







Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. In separate bowl, combine flour salt and baking soda; add the butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.












 Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.





              Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.











You want to remove from oven when they are lightly browned.

Stack of heaven.

I bet you cannot eat just one!



I honestly forgot how many cookies this makes. This is technically a double batch as my Grandmother states in the column of the recipe (double the batch). I love these cookies they remind me of her and when I was young.  We would have cookies and milk at her house. I may only drink almond milk and soy milk now but I still get that warm happy feeling when I bite into one of these soaked in milk. I hope you have some family recipes you get to share with others.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment