Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Crock Pot Fajitas

Some Sundays you want something easy to make while you are running errands and attempting to watch the Packers lose horribly. This is that easy dish. You cut everything up and throw it in the crock pot 4-6 hours later magical fajitas. I love it because not only is it easy but you have a ton of leftovers for lunches. I like to take mine and make fajita salads all week. Just a reminder it is okay to allow these to cook up to 8 hours in the liquid on low and I have totally done it before. You chicken maybe a little dry though.

What you will need-
4 chicken breasts (thawed)
2 cups of salsa 
1 sweet (yellow) onion
1  green pepper
1 poblano peppers
1 red pepper 
Cumin
Paprika
Cayenne pepper 
Onion powder
Garlic powder 
Salt & pepper
Tortillas
Cilantro 
Sour Cream 
Avocado 
Shredded cheese
Black olives
Hot sauce (sriracha)

Start by roughly cutting up your onions and peppers. Put 1 cup of the salsa in the bottom of the crock pot and a layer of onions and peppers. Add the chicken on top of the this layer. I cut my chicken breasts into strips if they are huge (which they totally were this time). Repeat this step again seasoning with the cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder as you go. The last layer should be whatever veggies you have left over. I managed to make two layers like this. Now all you have to do it put the top on it and in 4-6 hours it should be good to go on low. I put mine in at 12:30PM and it was done at 6PM.



This is what it looks like when it is done. I take the chicken out 15 minutes before eating and chop it or shred it depending on what I want to do. This allows the chicken to soak up some of the yummy juices you see in here.







This next step is important. You fajitas are going to be a little water logged so adding them to a frying pan and heating them up to evaporate some of the liquid off is a good idea. This was my husbands idea because he is smart. I would have forgot and they would have been a super mess.








This is when I cut up some avocado and get the sour cream, cilantro, black olives, hot sauce and shredded cheese out. You can put any toppings on you want or omit things as well.



 I want to make sure I am sharing quick easy meals with you all since I had some requests for these type of meals. The best part is I have another crock pot meal in the crock pot right now for dinner tonight. I will share that later this week. Life is busy and I love using my crock pot to make sure that I get healthy meals in that are super easy to make. I  hope  you try this out and share in the comments how it all turned out for you. 

Until next time~
XoXo Emily






No comments:

Post a Comment