Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers (FAIL)

Today we are going to talk about something that food bloggers and chef's do not like talking about. Recipe failures. Oh they happen and they are horrible. This one was at least edible but it was bland. I mean the worst kind of bland where you have to go and bust out the sriracha to try to save the dish. It is funny because the moment I took them out of the crock pot and they started to disintegrate into a strange mushy shape I knew deep down this was a fail. I mean look at how the pepper is all mushy looking and the block.. Yes, let us call it a block of meat is still sitting there in a giant lump.



The first thing outside of talking about how crappy this dish is that I want to talk about is how it is okay to fail. Things in life are not perfect. Sometimes it takes years to perfect that cookie recipe you are working on. That is totally normal. You have to practice at things and fail sometimes. Is it sad when it happens? Hell yes it is and it will make you question why you even cook in the first place. I mean I know that sometimes Ryan is scared to tell me something is awful as I do not always handle failing well.

This is how life works though. You learn from those mistakes and down the road it makes you a better cook in the end. I now know that cooking peppers with ground beef in a crock pot for 8 hours is horrible. Just do not do it folks.

So in closing I want to say that you need to fail and it is okay. Go out in the world and fail at some things. Trust me it will be fine and you will be stronger in the end.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment