Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Relish Tray

 Not that people want details but I have not posted lately because I had the flu. We can all applaud that I survived and managed to eat some green beans for lunch today. This past weekend for my husband's family Thanksgiving I was asked to bring a relish tray. I had no idea what this was. I researched a lot and was able to put something together that was fantastic. 

 What you will need-
*Pickles (I had dill whole pickles and spicy slices) 
*Asparagus (pickled)
*Beets (pickled) 
*Corn relish
Olives (green and kalmata) 
Cheese (thinly sliced)
Salami  and summer sausage (thinly sliced) 
Crackers 
 
*The starred items above came straight from my mothers garden that she canned for me. I am spoiled I know. The rest were bought at the store. 

My platter is hiding in the background. You can use any platter just arrange your items together in a neat way and set out for a fun appetizer. The dill pickles were a huge hit and that entire jar was gone. Make sure you warn people about those sneaky spicy pickles. They surprised a couple people.

Since I will not be posting till after Thanksgiving I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends and family. I hope to have some fun upcoming posts about the holiday soon.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment