Thursday, November 5, 2015

Crock Pot Turkey


Not sure if everyone is catching on but I love my crock pot. Working 50 plus hours weeks and trying to fit in Zumba classes makes me a really creative person. I do not like to rely on fast food at all and I insist on still making quick or easy meals. This recipe is really based off of my really close friend Maggie's recipe. I went over to her house for a girls weekend or something or other and she made this for us. It is fantastic and so darn easy to do.

What you will need-
A small turkey breast (no more than 10 pounds)
A packet of onion soup mix
8 ounces of light beer
2-3 tablespoons of butter






Start by getting that turkey out of the package and into the crock pot. I let my turkey breast thaw overnight in the sink. Make sure you drain all of the juice out of the bag before placing turkey into the crock pot. If the turkey is too large do not freak out. I had this happen with a ham once you just have to cut some of the meat off and throw it back in the crock pot on the sides of the turkey.











Add the light beer. This gives the turkey breast an awesome flavor and keeps the meat from drying out.










Add the onion soup mix packet to the top and sides of the turkey breast. This looks fantastic already! The last thing you want to do is add the butter and put the lid on that bird. Thank goodness I have a snap down lid because I had to latch it down on top of the giant turkey breast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours and eat. 

Here is what it looks like after you add Frank's wing sauce and a little blue cheese chunks. Add it to a 100 calorie pita pocket and you have a fantastic lunch.
I really believe that turkey can be substituted for all kinds of meat if you do it right. These pita pocket sandwiches are to die for. You can also make things like enchiladas, curry with rice and turkey noodle soup with your leftovers.
 
I hope that when you are crazy busy you are able to really utilize your resources like I do and make some fantastic meals in your crock pot. 

Until next time~
XoXo Emily 





No comments:

Post a Comment