Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pico De Gallo

There are few dishes in life that you make over and over again and that people routinely ask for. I may have mistakenly made this for work once and people now beg for it regularly. I find it funny that they beg for it because honestly it is so simple to make on your own. There are not a ton of secrets in this Pico. Now for those non-Spanish speakers pico de gallo is a fresh chunky salsa. That is the easiest way I can think of to describe it.

Things you will need-

3-4 tomatoes
half of a white onion
half of a red onion
1 can of jalapenos
1 can of mild chilies
cilantro
salt
lime juice 

Here is a picture of some juicy tomatoes I bought. Pick your tomatoes based on how juicy you want the Pico to be.

I have an issue. It sucks but I cannot cut onions at all anymore. I literally start crying right away. I managed to cut up these two lovelies by myself because the hubby was running the dog. Usually I make him cut up the onions. That is what marriage is for right!?


Back to the recipe!

1. Cut up your tomatoes and onions. I like to keep my pico de gallo chunky so I do not cut anything up finely. Throw them in a big serving bowl.
2. Add the jalapeno and chili's. I use canned because I am slightly allergic to jalapenos and bad things happen to my hands if I handle fresh ones. You can totally use fresh. I would recommend subbing out the canned for 1-3 fresh peppers. You can do the same for the chilies they
are just mild green chilies.
3. Add Cilantro to taste. You can omit this if you hate cilantro. We may not be able to be friends though if you hate it....
4. Add lime to taste.
5. Add salt to taste.

When I say to taste that is the best part. You can eat some yummy pico as you go!












This is what you should end up with. It is so fresh and tasty. I like to make it the night or day before to really allow those flavors to all mix and become happy. Scoop it up with your favorite brand of chips and you have a winner at any football game or potluck.

Now you all know my secret pico de gallo recipe and you can make it for me in the future.


Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment