Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Blizzard Weather Drinks

We got at least 10 inches of snow last night during blizzard "Ashley". She was an intense snow storm and I am so thankful for my husband and snow-blower today. Winter came in like a beast and I wanted to share some of my favorite warm recipes with you I enjoy making this time of year. Here are some of my pictures from the storm as well.

Luna concerned with the snow on the porch.

Duke parked safely in the garage.
Low calorie Chai Tea
What you need-                                             
1 chai tea bag                                  
4 ounces soy/almond milk                 
12 ounces of water
sprinkle of cinnamon

Warm milk in the microwave for at least 1 minute. While this is going on heat water in a tea kettle or prepare your keurig to dispense water. Place tea bag in a cup/container. Pour hot milk over the tea bag and then the hot water. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the tea. Depending on the type of milk you have this can be a 45-75 calorie tea. It is perfection.

Rich hot chocolate 
What you need-
1 packet of swiss miss hot chocolate
4 ounces soy/almond milk
4 ounces hot water

Warm milk in microwave for at least 1 minute. While this is warming up you want to also heat some water in tea kettle, keurig or microwave as well. I always like to slowly add the hot water/milk to the chocolate packet that is in the cup. You can top it with marshmallows or some coolwhip.

Hot cider
What you need-
Cider
cinnamon stick

Put cider in a cup with the cinnamon stick. Warm hot cider in the microwave until desired warmth is reached.

I hope you have safe travels if you live in a snow covered place like myself. I also hope you can make some of these tasty drinks to keep yourself warm in the chilly weather.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment