Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Memories

It is finally here Christmas week. My Christmas celebrating started this past weekend with my family. We went to the Wisconsin Dells as a family and rented a cabin. If you follow me on Facebook I am sure you have seen the numerous pictures my mom took. The reason I wanted to make a post is about the topic of gifts.

Gifts are great right and everyone loves to be able to give the perfect gift. The older I get though the more I realize that the holidays should be about making quality memories with people. I would rather go to lunch with someone and talk to them than get a candle or something. That is why going to the Wisconsin Dells and spending good quality time with my family really warmed my soul. It was so fun to go to the water park with everyone and chill around the bar. We even played this funny game called exploding kittens and got an old time picture taken. These memories are important because we do not know how much time we have on this earth.

That is why I will be trying this year to give the gift of time to people. When I see someone on Christmas I want to really listen to them and hear what they have been up to. With my group of friends I want to go out to dinner and hang out. I want to make some lasting memories because those are the things that stick with you. Not a material gift.

I wish you the happiest of holidays this season and here are some fun pictures from our vacation-


Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment