Thursday, December 17, 2015

Harvest Salad


It is becoming more and more winter like outside. We got almost 4.5 inches of rain so far this month and zero snow. Last time I checked I live in the north US where it snows. With the lack of snow it still feels like harvest season to me. This is my favorite salad to make and there are a ton of different things you can put in it. My sister in law Katie and my mother in law Yvonne both make an excellent take on this salad too.

What you will need- 
Spring mix salad greens
Walnuts
Dried cherries or pomegranates ( I used both)
1 green apple
Feta cheese
Mrs. Dash

I do not have exact measurements for this recipe as you add as you go and your dish maybe a different size than my bowl. The thought I have is to throw it all together and add more as needed.


 This is after the lettuce and apples are put in the bowl. Already looks tasty.





 Cheese makes everything more tasty does it not?







This is it all done and ready to be dug into. I like to top it with a walnut raspberry vinaigrette that Yvonne introduced me too. Others have done ranch or even french though.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment