Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

 

I usually make this in the summer for Ryan as he loves this salad on a sandwich. I made it this past weekend for my cookie decorating lunch I had for my gal pals this Sunday.  I am still fighting my lingering cold and this crazy rainy weather is not helping. I hope to use the rest of my rotisserie chicken for something tasty to warm me up.

Things you will need-
Half of a rotisserie chicken or about 3 cups of chicken
1 cup of mandarin oranges
1 cup of purple grapes
.5 cup almonds (sliced)
3 stalks of celery (chopped)
3/4 a cup of cucumber ranch
Mrs. Dash seasoning to taste
 
Time to cut up that chicken. Beware if you try to cut it up when it is too hot you will burn yourself. I bought my chicken on Saturday and it cooled off in the fridge till Sunday morning. Easier to clean a cold chicken. Chop up your chicken and throw it in a big bowl.  
 




 Now you want to cut up your oranges. You can use fresh oranges but that is way to much work for me so I used canned in a light syrup.


This is what they look like before you chop them up. Chop them up and throw in the bowl with the chopped chicken.







Now you want to cut up your grapes and add your almonds to the bowl. I love a dish that has a variety of colors.











Here is the final product after you add your seasonings and cucumber ranch dressing. Put this on some bread or smear on some crackers for a delicious treat.






Everyone seemed to like the sandwiches and Ryan even got two sandwiches for lunch the next day. The salad is a great mix of textures. I always love the crunch of the almonds with the creamy dressing. I hope you enjoy!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment