Thursday, December 3, 2015

Food Processor

Last week on Black Friday I was so excited to get a Cusinart 7-cup food processor. It was my Christmas gift to myself this year. To get this device I had to give up some other appliances to make room in my pantry. Totally worth doing this. I have been pining a ton of food processor ideas on Pintrest for years. I have always thought oh I love this recipe but I need a food processor. Now I can make all of those recipes.

Here is my short review and some of the things I have made so far-
The food processor comes clearly labeled and the tabs on the box explain in detail how to remove the appliance from the box. I found this to be silly and unneeded but it was interesting. It comes with two manuals a quick guide and a large manual with recipes. Thank goodness for Ryan because I kept putting the processor on the base wrong. He helped me work through the kinks.  Once you figure out how to put together the device it is really easy to use. It had two settings "on" and "pulse" I have now used both and they are both helpful depending on what you are doing. Pulse works best for chopping items up. The on setting is best for blending. Be careful when removing items from the bowl as the chopping blade will fall out if you are not watching.  That thing is sharp too. Washing it is relatively easy compared to my blender. I  thought it would have a ton of places for things to get stuck but the bowl and everything are easy to clean. Overall I am rather pleased with my $50 purchase. Gotta love the sales. Here you can see what mine looks like an purchase one of your own.



Here is an example of using the extra blade that comes with the device. You get a chopping blade and another extra blade that shreds (think cheese) and slices (like these sweet potatoes).

Sweet Potato Chips
What you need-
1 sweet potato
Olive oil
Salt
Cajun seasoning
Cookie sheet
Parchment paper 

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Using the food processor use the slicing blade and slice the sweet potato. Used the pulse setting. I had to cut it into fourths to fit inside and be sliced. I then spread the sweet potato slices on the cookie sheet that was covered with parchment paper. At this time you want to go ahead and put olive oil on the chips. I then season with the cajun seasoning and pop in the oven for 20 minutes moving the chips around after 10 minutes. Remove from oven and season with salt. They are so good!

 Pesto
What you need-
2/3 cup walnuts
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Splash of lemon juice
salt and pepper
Cookie Sheet
Parchment paper

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Put the walnuts on a cookie sheet with parchment paper in the oven for 10 minutes. Add all ingredients to the food processor besides the lemon juice and oil. (Use the chopping blade). Turn the food processor to the on setting and slowly add the oil and lemon juice as it all blends together. It is heavenly.

Cauliflower Rice
What you need-
1 head of cauliflower
Water

Cut up the cauliflower into large chunks and put into the food processor. (Use the chopping blade). Pulse the food processor until you get the cauliflower to a rice size. Add to a pan with about a 1/2 cup of water. Put on medium heat for 10-15 minutes covered until the "rice" is tender. I added the pesto to this and it was amazing. It tastes and feels just like rice!

I am loving my food processor and I really think it is here to stay in our home. I cannot wait to make other things such as hummus soon.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily





No comments:

Post a Comment