Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Taco Bar


Whenever I have people over and I have no idea what they like to eat I resort to a taco bar. It is a fool proof way to please everyone as they get to pick and choice what goes on their tacos.  We had some awesome friends over and Ryan threw together a great taco bar on Tuesday. I even did one for Halloween this year. Here are my top five recommendations for a good taco bar.

#1. Proteins. It can be chicken, ground beef, shredded beef or beans. You want to make sure you have a base protein for people to pick from. I tend to do ground beef as most people like that. Sometimes I get creative and will do chicken or fish tacos. Once you pick your proteins seasoning the meat is important some of my favorite things to use are (cumin, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper). If you do not like to use your own seasonings the grocery store has pre-packaged seasonings you can pick from.

 #2. Tortillas. I always serve soft and hard shell tacos. Most people I find eat the soft but you always want people to have options. The size of your tortillas is also important as there are many sized to buy. Since you are making tacos pick a smaller size otherwise you are getting into burrito territory.Warm up the hard shells in the oven and the soft in the microwave so they are perfect for eating.

#3.SPICY. I like to have spicy options. What exactly do I mean you may ask? I like to make sure I have hot and mild salsa for people to eat. I also like to have different types of hot sauce for people to pick from. Some like it hot like me with a sriracha and some like it mild (taco bell mild sauce). It is nice to have some heat.
#4. Cool it down. Just like there are spicy things you want to have you need to cool it down sometimes too. I do this by have sour cream, avocados and cheese to add as toppings.
#5. Building your taco. This is the best part before eating. Make sure you have spoons or serving utensils for people to add the toppings to their tacos. Some of the best toppings you can put out-
shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, cilantro, salsa, avocado (guacamole), sour cream, onion, tomato, black olives, hot sauce, rice, beans etc. etc.

Tacos are so fun and tasty and I could eat them every day it does not even need to be taco Tuesday!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily











No comments:

Post a Comment